GNT to join NT Institute of Sport Program
GNT is proud to announce that Wendy Fry and Cheryl Becker have been chosen to represent Gymnastics in the 2022 Territory Sports Academy High Performance Officiating Program.
Gymnastics has not been involved in the program in previous years and we are excited to watch Wendy and Cheryl's development in officiating over 2022 with support of the Academy and their participation in the program with six other leading Territory Sports.
What is the program?
The Territory Sports Academy (TSA) High Performance Officiating Program (HPOP) will provide opportunities and encourages officials from the Northern Territory (NT) to aspire to and achieve high level national and international standards of officiating within their sport. By bringing officials and mentors together from various NT sports it will encourage and engage with each other to stimulate development of themselves and NT officials in general.
HPOP is a key strategy of the Workforce Development Plan to build capabilities in higher achieving officials and officiating mentors and helping create capacity and sustainability through the NT Peak Sporting Body (PSB) engaging in the development of HPOP official.
The key objectives of the High Performance Officiating Program are:
- The development of future high performing officials;
- Officials achieving higher levels of accreditation;
- Officials appointed to higher levels of competition within their sport;
- Officials and mentors contributing back to the NT sporting community;
- Development of officiating mentors within sports; and
- Shaping PSB's officiating development programs by exampling better practice.
With a key focus on mentoring and relationship building, the program provides new insights and strategies for sports to collaborate and grow together.
Congratulations Wendy and Cheryl!