2020 National Affiliation Standards
The following is a list of Affiliation Standards which should be used as a checklist prior to application. The Club must always comply with the Affiliation Standards and warrants that at the time of applying for Affiliation the Club complies with the Affiliation Standards.
- The club shall always comply with the Terms and Conditions of Affiliation
- All the club's members are registered (utilising the correct codes and individual contact details) with the relevant State/Territory Association and Gymnastics Australia in accordance with the National Membership Database Policy, the Athlete Coding Guide and the State Membership Policy. Members must be entered into the National Database within 30 days of enrolment.
- The club maintains ongoing registration and compliance as an entity with all relevant legal requirements in place.
- The club confirms that it is solvent and able to meet its debts as and when they fall due including, but not limited to, payroll, superannuation, relevant taxes, and levies and fees payable to their State Association and Gymnastics Australia.
- The club accepts and complies with its State/Territory Association and Gymnastics Australia’s Constitution, Regulations and Policies, including but not limited to:
- Member Protection Policy
- Athlete Transfer Policy
- Athlete Multi Club Policy
- National Club Name Policy
- Child Safe Policy
- National Club Membership Database Policy
- Anti-doping Policy
- Anti-match fixing Policy
- Inclusion Policy
- Travel Policy
- All child safe requirements and Working with Children Checks (however named in the Club's jurisdiction) for all staff and volunteers (paid or unpaid) of the club are conducted and in place in accordance with the relevant State/Territory Legislation.
The club confirms that it is responsible for complying with all National and relevant State/Territory child safe laws.
- Each individual Owner and Operator (as those terms are defined in the Terms and Conditions of Affiliation) must be, in the opinion of Gymnastics Australia and the State/Territory Association, a fit and proper person to discharge the duties and responsibilities and exercise the rights and privileges associated with their role as Owner or Operator of an Affiliated club. In determining whether an individual Owner or Operator is a fit and proper person for the purposes of this Affiliation Standard 7, Gymnastics Australia and the State/Territory Association may consider any factor they deem relevant, including but not limited to the following:
An Owner or Operator's criminal history, including any sexual offences, drug-related conduct (including possession, use, sale or any other drug-related offences), assault causing serious injury, and any other relevant serious criminal conduct;
Any disciplinary proceedings brought against an Owner or Operator by an employer, sporting organisation or similar body; and
Any complaint received by Gymnastics Australia or a State/Territory Association from any person.
- The club (except in the instance where the club is a school*) will maintain membership forms for all registered participants/members and will include provision for the members' medical and emergency contact information. The club will ensure that the membership form contains links or other written direction to the GA Child Safe Policy and words to the effect that the participant/member becomes a member of Gymnastics Australia and their State/Territory Association and will be bound by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Gymnastics Australia and the State/Territory Association.
Storage of these membership forms and any other personal information, including medical information must be secure and disclosure and storage must comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and any other applicable State/Territory requirements.
*meaning schools or school providers who deliver gymnastics to enrolled students only as part of a school organised program and where all student’s personal and medical details are on file with the school.
- The club will comply with any reasonable request by GA and or the State/Territory Association for access to the club and/or member information.
- The club should complete a child safe self-assessment at least once annually (during the calendar year), which includes having at least one administrator who has completed the relevant GA Child Safe training and is registered in the National Database as the club’s Child Safe Representative (CSR).
- The club will implement a Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) / Complaints Handling procedure in accordance with the MPIO Principles and implementation timeline. The MPIO/Complaints Officer should not be an Owner or Operator, or a person who otherwise holds a senior management role or ownership of the Club.
- The Club meets each of its legal employment obligations, including holding the appropriate level of WorkCover insurance.
- All the club's gymnastics activities are conducted by an appropriately accredited coach currently registered as a Technical Member with Gymnastics Australia and formally linked to the club through the National Database.
"Appropriately accredited" means the coach holds the correct level of accreditation (or higher) to coach the relevant Gymsport in accordance with the Gymnastics Australia skills matrix for the activities.
- Lesson Plans, consistent with the formats aligned to Gymnastics Australia planning principles, are prepared and used by all coaches for all classes. The Lesson Plans must be accessible and referred to by the coach during the class and must then be held on file for a minimum 5 years by the club for any future reference.
- Coaches and administrators are required to use correct manual handling techniques in accordance with relevant State/Territory Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- The club adheres to and uses an equipment safety procedure consistent with the GA Equipment Safety Principles. Completion and submission of an equipment checklist is required in accordance with the relevant State/Territory Association requirements.
- The club has an injury report procedure, including an injury report form, both of which are accessible during all gymnastics activities. All injuries will be documented in accordance with the injury report procedure.
- The club’s General Liability Insurance meets the National Insurance Standards. Only members who are entered in the National Database will be covered by personal accident insurance under the National Risk Protection Program.
- The club maintains ongoing compliance with the below venue safety requirements:
- Safety rules are on display within all club venues;
- A suitably trained Chief Warden is appointed;
- Trial evacuation exercises (Fire Drills) are conducted at least twice per year;
- At least one currently qualified First Aider, qualified in line with the Coach Accreditation Policy, is on site and accessible during all gymnastics activities;
- A fully equipped, regularly maintained First Aid Kit is on site and accessible during all gymnastics activities' and
- A working telephone, either landline or mobile is on site and accessible during all gymnastics activities and emergency contact numbers are on display near the handset or at another prominent place.