What is sport integrity?
Sport is an Australian way of life. It brings people together, transcending differences in language, ability, culture and beliefs, and provides physical, social and economic benefits.
Threats to sports integrity include competition-manipulation, doping, and behaviours that impact people’s positive experience of sport, such as discrimination or abuse.
Integrity in sport means that athletes, supporters and fans can participate and celebrate sport, confident in the knowledge that they are part of a safe, ethical and inclusive environment.
Gymnastics Australia takes integrity seriously.
All our members and participants have an obligation to protect and maintain the integrity of sport, as well as the health and wellbeing of our athletes.
We work closely with Sport Integrity Australia, the federal agency established to prevent and deal with integrity threats in sport. For more information visit the Sport Integrity Australia website.
Reporting integrity issues
Everyone from athletes, parents, support personnel, administrators and supporters play a role in protecting the integrity of our sport.
If you see something, say something!
Knowledge of, or concerns regarding integrity-related matters can be reported in several ways:
- Matters relating to harassment (including sexual harassment), discrimination, child protection, or any other form of misconduct should be raised with us in the first instance by contacting: [email protected] or calling our Child Safety on 03 8698 9700
- Matters relating to doping, corruption, fraud, match-fixing should be reported to Sport Integrity Australia through one of these methods:
- Filling in an anonymous web form on the Sport Integrity Australia website
- Emailing [email protected]
- Phoning 1300 027 232
- Completing the 'report an issue' form in the Sport Integrity App. This can also be anonymous if you choose.
Our integrity rules
We take sport integrity seriously and have the following policies in place:
- Anti-match fixing
- Child Safety
- Code of Conduct
- Member Protection
All policies and guidelines can be found here