Who can supervise a Beginner Coach?
A certified Supervisor can supervise a Beginner Coach.
The minimum requirements to become a certified Supervisor are as follows:
• Current Technical Member;
• Current Gymnastics Australia Coach Accreditation at Intermediate Level or above; and
• Successful completion of the Gymnastics Australia Online Supervisor Training course.
In making the decision to allocate a Supervisor to oversee the work of a Beginner Coach, consideration should be given to the level of maturity and technical knowledge of the Supervisor.
• A Supervisor must have an appropriate level of maturity to make good decisions while providing supervision, particularly with regard to managing risk.
• A Supervisor must be technically qualified to undertake this role, with the ability to give technical support and feedback to a Beginner Coach. Not every Intermediate Coach will be ready to provide Supervision. Time and workplace experience may be required to develop a good level of technical knowledge prior to completing Supervisor Training and supervising others.
Gymnastics Australia highly recommends that a Supervisor is at least 18 years old.
For more information about Supervising and Mentoring in the Advanced Coaching Course click here.